Department of Social Protection
The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is a department of the Government of Ireland, tasked with administering Ireland’s welfare system. It oversees the provision of income support and other social services.
As part of this contract, SAR carry out security services for Intreo centres across the country. Approximately 90 locations are under SAR’s provision, which include Department of Social Protection Head Offices and Regional Offices.
We carry out a number of roles at the Department’s sites. This includes:
- Upholding a consistent security presence in all main offices and public areas
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of staff, clients and visitors
- Opening and closing the offices
- Foot patrol
- Mobile patrol
- Intruder response
- Alarm response
- Addressing aggressive behaviour with a professional manner
- Fire alarm maintenance and response
- Activation and de-activation of alarms
- Controlling the que system, maintaining order in the Intreo centres
- Answering queries for the public
- Managing the post during lunch time.