Occupying a key position in the cultural and intellectual life of the nation, the National Archives holds the records of the modern Irish State which document its historical evolution and the creation of the country’s national identity.
The main function of the National Archives is to secure the preservation of records relating to Ireland which warrant preservation as archives and ensure that appropriate arrangements are made for public access to archives.
SAR plays a key role in relation to protecting the archives by providing a comprehensive security service to the National Archives facility.
We operate a static guard for up to 168 hours per week at the site. Our duties include:
- Protecting irreplaceable state records
- Assisting the reception and porter staff as necessary
- Ensuring the security and safety of staff, visitors and contractors at the location
- Fire alarm activation, response and replacement
- Fire glass panel replacement
- Addressing all incidents that happen on-site
- CCTV operation
- Carrying out foot patrols across the premises
- Locking and unlocking buildings
- Activation and deactivation of alarms
- Monitoring heating controls
- Reporting and recording all maintenance issues
- Consulting with management as required
- Liaising with Gardai if necessary
- Enforcing policies and procedures