Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
Temple Street Children’s University Hospital is a 150-bed acute paediatric hospital that serves a population of 436,000 including Dublin North, City and County.
The emergency department service, with 50,000 attendees per annum, is one of the largest in the country and is the largest paediatric emergency department in Ireland. The out-patients department serve 60,000 attendees per annum, with the hospital in bed days accounting for 30,000 patient bed days per annum.
SAR provide static security throughout the hospital. Two security officers are rostered during the day and at night. Additional security is provided on request.
Our main duties here comprise of;
- Manning of control room
- Front desk security
- Ad hoc patient safety officer provision
- Responding to all alarms – fire and intruder
- Implement visiting policy
- Responding to bleeps
- Helping with code blues
- Customer / client support i.e. assisting visitors and staff with directions, queries, obtaining wheelchairs etc.
- Checking of fire equipment on regular basis#
- Key control and issuing of swipe cards to contractors etc.
- Monitoring CCTV footage, plus downloading and safe keeping
- Car park duties#
- Regular patrolling of A&E department and the hospital
- Taking water samples for analysis
- Checking room temperatures
- Advising the hospital on security matters within the industry and keeping them abreast of new systems and technologies
- Servicing and maintaining all the electronic security systems
All officers receive MAPA training, site specific training, bereavement training, Major Incident Plan Training, etc. All officers have access to HSELand to receive Children’s First training along with hand hygiene and fire awareness training. We provide ongoing toolbox talks for all officers (customer care, radio etiquette, report writing, GDPR, emergency procedures etc).
SAR Management attend weekly site visits to maintain a strong relationship with the client and security officers. This helps maintain a very high level of staff retention as any issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.