The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
SAR provide a manned guarding service at the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital in north inner-city Dublin. The contract comprises of 2,634 hours per week, there is also ad hoc security provision for patient watch and special events taking place at the hospital.
SAR maintain a trained pool of staff with healthcare experience and MAPA training to cover any absences or additional cover needed on site.
Our security service provision at The Mater includes:
- Manned Guarding service
- Dedicated emergency department security team
- Body worn cameras supplied to all Security staff with all relevant paperwork and training associated with their use
- All officers receive MAPA training along with onsite training for hand hygiene, manual handling, waste management and fire training
- Pool of trained staff available day and night with health care experience and MAPA training
- Ongoing toolbox talks for all officers (customer care, radio etiquette, report writing, GDPR, emergency procedures)
- All officers have access to HSE Land to receive Child First Training
Regular training and drills for the Major Incident Plan. All officer familiar with the action cards for each position. Ongoing performance meetings with the officers to meet all KPIs.
Regular site visits are conducted throughout the night by the Patrol Supervisor to link in with the Team Leader.
SAR has a dedicated site supervisor. Weekly operations meetings are conducted with the client, Rui and the SAR Operations Management Team. Weekly visits to meet with staff to discuss any issues or concerns are also conducted.
Security Presence on Site
The Mater Hospital has a team of four Team Leaders based in the Hospital Communications Centre, guiding the team through the shift. There is a unique situation in ED that Security operatives could spend the entire shift on a patient watch. Security presence on site includes two officers in ED, three on the floor answering calls and patrolling, 24-hour cover on the gate house and 24-hour cover in the control room.